Name:
Location: Somewhere, Illinois, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Sleep

Why is that the nights when sleep seems most elusive are followed by a very busy day? I spent most of last night tossing and turning, sweating and then shivering with the chills. No, I wasn't sick. Just a bad case of sleeplessness. One of those nights where you think you're asleep and then you realize you're really not. Or, one of those nights when you think you're awake and realize you're really asleep. Either way, it amounts to frustration. Every noise, every movement and I was sitting bolt upright. I had a glass of red wine an hour or two before bed, but other than that, no drugs or alcohol which would have inhibited my state of restfulness. This morning I felt like a character out of Night of the Living Dead. I had some important errands and two appointments and I felt like a sleepwalker.

I have been thinking back on my dreams/nightmares today. I'd just be settling down for sleep and then I would think I was awake and having a very bad day. Oh, but wait! Just a dream! But, the kind of dream that seems so real it takes a moment or two to shake off and then minutes to drift back to sleep...and, bam!, another real-life nightmare. I've had a queasy stomach and as much as I cannot wait to go to bed, I'm hoping and praying for a peace-filled slumber. I'm going to shoot for my driving dream and I'm going to run right over all my anxieties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home