Name:
Location: Somewhere, Illinois, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Flying

Here is another dream I frequently have. This one is so real that I actually think it's happened occasionally. I can fly! I start running and then flapping my arms and I come off the ground. Sometimes I just hover; it's a lot of work to fly! Other times I get up as high as a 2-story house. I prefer this mode of transportation. There are days when I'm thinking I have to go somewhere, do an errand, etc., and I think I'll just fly there! Oooops. That's only a dream. Or, is it? It seems so real to me. Like I've really flown before. This flying dream, from what I've researched and read, is common. It's supposed to mean that you feel you have to do something. Or go somewhere. I guess it expresses a need for change at a most basic level. The first change I want to make is to let go and really fly. And, when I say "really fly," I mean to fly through my life. I want to let go of my fears and inhibitions, so that I can release what's been hiding inside me. I think that's what my dream is saying: take a chance, make a change.

2 Comments:

Blogger that girl said...

is this you? you know what? I have had the flying dream for most of my life, too. I just get the feeling, in the dream, that I need to be somewhere other than where I am. I simply put my arms out and up I go. I really don't flap my arms, so to speak, just float, or hover like you said. Isn't that strange? We have the same "theme" in our dream. You said you did research and it is common. Good to know that I am not crazy!

10:23 AM  
Blogger mama amy bee said...

I totally agree with the feeling of wanting and needing to let go of fears and inhibitions. It's so intense, to "take a chance, make a change." I mean, those actions mean letting go of any control you think you have on a situation. It takes guts and courage to take chances and make changes. And when someone does those things, it's great; it always is.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home