Name:
Location: Somewhere, Illinois, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Driving

I have this dream frequently. I am in my car, with the sun roof open, the radio on low with a soothing sound, the sun is out and the leaves are starting to color. I am driving. I am smiling and driving. And, I just keep driving. I don't know where I am going. Sometimes I have two important people in the backseat (the front passenger seat is always open) and sometimes I am alone. But, the feeling of peace and happiness is always there. I've often wondered what this dream means. On a simple level it could mean that I love autumn (I do). It could also mean I want to run away. It could also mean that I don't know where I'm going. It could mean I need a plan for my life. It could mean I need to find a place of peace. Whatever the meaning, I think of this dream often. And, on tough days, I hope to have this dream when I'm falling asleep.

I've always pushed myself to examine my life from every angle, analyzing details and situations like Nancy Drew would solve a mystery. I've always wanted to do more, be more for everyone else. So, maybe this dream just means that I need to concentrate on me. For, in my pursuit to please everyone else, I have ended up feeling exhausted and like I pleased no one. I realize now that it isn't my job to please anyone but myself. And, who am I to assume what another needs anyway?

I'm wondering if it's time for me to get into my car and drive into my life, literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home